Monday, August 2, 2010

another glaze test firing


I am doing my second test glaze firing. I altered the transparent glaze, altered the reticulation glaze. I have finished one side of the internal pyramid. It is drying slowly and I will bisque it later this week. I hope to make three more screens for screen printing tomorrow and then on Wednesday, finish the second side of the pyramid.

I have been thinking about how to capture aging of people in a 30 inch space. It is interesting to think about how do I stay on track with the title of my piece (Change....Its Inevitable.) I am working on using decals instead of just screen printing for this side of the pyramid. I have images of my grandfather from the early 1900's until his death in the 1980's. Thinking about how to use these images in an interesting manner. I believe I have come up with the idea and you will have to wait to see what it is. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment