Thursday, December 23, 2010

Getting ready for the New Year




Brian and I went to Chicago this past week to see my son and his girlfriend. We also had tickets to hear Elvis Costello and Alejandro Escovedo perform in the Chicago Theater. Alejandro was awesome. Costello was ready to rock and roll. He played by himself for over two hours with seven different guitars. His voice was strong and he was very present on that stage. So wonderful to see some one at the top of their art form. I spent an entire day at the Art Institute. They have some marvelous exhibits showing currently. Tapestries and Ancient Oriental Bronzes, plus an Aztec exhibit. The tapestries that I photographed spoke to me. I won't be surprised if some of the information translates into my work this winter. I hope every one enjoy the next two weeks with family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment