Thursday, November 15, 2012

Desert, Weddings, and the Gallery



Last week was a busy one for me.  Getting the gallery ready so that I could attend my son's wedding.  Writing notes.  Making sure there was enough change in the till.  Thinking about arranging for social marketing posts in advance.  Re-checking notes to the artists who helped me out over several days.  The list and tasks seemed endless.  Then, I was out of time.  Off to the airport.  I always say "to hurry up and then wait".  Your life is now in the hands of the airline. Who knows if you will arrive to your destination when anticipated or the next day, due to delays.  I remind myself to be patient with everything and everyone around me.  Relax.  Enjoy the time processing thoughts that have been bouncing around in my head.  Read.  And of course, I have my ipad!

The wedding was in Scottsdale.  Land of sunshine and great bypasses.  Check out this turtle.  The wedding was wonderful.  We have a new daughter-in-law who we love.  I couldn't leave Arizona without visiting the Heard Museum.  It has been years since I visited and had heard that they had expanded.  Lots of great Native American art.



There were pots from two thousand years ago and current artisans.  I loved the wall of clay and glass totems.  I can feel a new winter project percolating.  I better write the ideas down before they evaporate to wherever lost ideas go.  Time to get moving, work out, and head to the gallery.  Tomorrow is Night Light and I need to decorate for the Holidays.


Remember:  if you like to cook, I send an email about every other week, with recipes and other interesting bits of information on the area and in the arts world.  To sign up go to:  http://www.c2cgallery.com/Site/Contact.html and
please "Like" our Facebook page.


No comments:

Post a Comment