Monday, November 19, 2012

It must be the texture

It's Monday morning and the week of Thanksgiving.  All of our kids and significant others will be joining us later this week.  I have a long to-do list both for home and the gallery.  However, I am pausing.  I have to wonder if I am procrastinating.  Yes, I am.  Oh well.  Maybe this is my way, of taking a breath.  Long breath in; long breath out.  

I am continually amazed by the information on the internet.  Some days I think it is too much and not good for us as human "beings".  Then, I get caught up in learning about something that crossed my path.  20 years ago,  I would not have been able to do this learning via my home computer.  

Tripod Wine Cup, Shang Dynasty
Shane Norrie
When I visit the Art Institute of Chicago, I always visit the Asian room with their Chinese Bronzes.  I am drawn to this piece.  Some day, I will incorporate something from this piece into my own clay work.  It is rumbling around in my brain, waiting for me to puzzle it out.  Another blog that I read is by Shane Norrie, a Canadian artist.  I love his glazes and forms.  

So, it must be the texture from stampings or glaze, that I am drawn to.  Because of the web, I can learn more about this information, and sometime, in the future, I will put it all together in my clay work.

Ok, enough "learning".  Time to get into the gallery.  Put handles on mugs, check the bisque kiln, get an order ready for shipping, pick up produce from my local CSA (Certified Sustainable Agriculture), grocery shop.......

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment